ESG Strategy Specialist
The Sustainability Strategy Specialist will work with the Sustainability Strategy Lead and the global Head of Sustainability to set and implement the strategy behind On's overarching and most important topic. Our aim is to be the thought leader when it comes to sustainability topics and its application to the sportswear industry. This role will help drive the achievement of our ambitious goals with the support of every department at On. The overall scope of the role will include the positive impact on all ESG topics (Environmental, Social and Governance aspects).
- Proactively and passionately creating change on sustainability across the organization.
- Translating strategic priorities and KPIs into concrete projects and initiatives for execution, including ways of working enabling cross-functional collaboration, continuous improvement and transparency on progress.
- Developing business cases and scenario analyses for strategic priorities to support informed decision making.
- Setting up and executing a structured process to collect and follow-up on various internal and external requests for sustainability information and collaboration, including implementation of relevant industry frameworks and guidelines.
- Creating educational tools, frameworks for the business while being excited to deliver them with effective communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Stakeholder management to engage, inspire and influence diverse audiences at different levels of the organisation and externally.
- Bringing a structured way of working to collaborate with multiple departments and external parties to successfully execute action plans.
- Project management, prioritising and managing multiple initiatives concurrently with clear milestones and KPIs.
- Identifying key third party organisations to partner up with, that are sharing our same values and sustainability goals.
- Taking initiative to improve and support our internal ways of working in our growing Sustainability team.zuri
- You are a self-starter with 5+ years of progressive experience in the field, preferably within the apparel or footwear industry or adjacent industries that share similar industrial production.
- Educational background related to the field of ESG with a Master degree.
-Strong project, program and/or portfolio management experience.
- Strong communicator and affinity with creating education/training programs.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and able to understand how to successfully drive and shape cross-functional initiatives.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) plus other languages is a plus.
- You live by the Survivor Spirit, are a thought leader who goes above and beyond to challenge the status quo and doesn't settle with the "industry standard" ESG practices.
- You are able to help shape a long-term vision and are keen to drive execution and collaborate on problem solving with key internal stakeholders in the short-term.
-Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple initiatives concurrently with clear milestones and KPIs.
- Familiarity with social impact initiatives, community engagement strategies, and diversity and inclusion programs.
- Be able to switch fast between different topics, understand complex ecosystems and navigate cross-functional collaboration landscapes.
Meet The Team
We are a small team with big responsibilities. In our Strategy, Education, and Communication team, we design and implement the sustainability strategy across the entire company and help shape the future of the organisation. We do research, create strategies and implement projects and innovate products and processes through the lens of sustainability. As the Sustainability Strategy Specialist, you will be working to turn strategic sustainability priorities into reality in collaboration with other departments across the company and focus on consistent and effective communication and education around these topics.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.