OPEN is currently seeking a experienced Seamstress. The successful candidate will work with the account managers to satisfy customers’ projects. In this role, an individual will be able to accurately sewing garments, have knowledge of cutting, complete alterations in timely manner. Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of seamstress/tailoring experience with luxury clothing and materials with a strong technical background in specialty skills such as sequins, chiffon, leather, knits, etc. And complete garment at the highest standard.
- Minimum 3 years seamstress / tailoring experience with luxury clothing and materials.
- Use a variety of sewing techniques.
- Ability to sew a wide range of garments.
- Measure and cut fabric.
- Possession of strong technical background in specialty skills such as sequins, chiffon, leather, knits, double face, beading, fine tailoring, buttonholes, etc.
- Pressing and spotting skills.
- Most possess excellent verbal communication skills for working with clients.
- Maintain a friendly demeanor and professional appearance.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- Ability/willingness to learn new skills/processes and improve current skills.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible scheduled for a retail business, including nights, weekends, holidays, store events, etc.
Physical demands:Ability to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, handles, or controls.Standing: Remain upright on feet for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Ability to move throughout the store, etc.
- Sitting: prolonged periods.
- Flexibility including bending, stretching, stooping, kneeling, crouching.
- Speaking/Hearing: Ability to communicate information.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, ability to move/carry product.
- Visual acuity required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you tailoring experience with luxury clothing and materials?
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location