The Fabric Developer will support the team in London with the execution of the collections with particular focus on technical innovation and sampling execution on field.
- Building and maintaining a close working partnership with Suppliers, Start Up, Incubators and Institutions.
- Responsible for the execution of all sample fabrics produced in Italy
- Research and development of innovation fabric concepts and technologies according to brief:
- Collaboration with mills and follow up on new designs/fabrics to ensure correct execution
- In conjunction with the PD and GS team, agree and implement the fabric development critical path. Ensuring deadlines are adhered to and follow up on all development issues to resolve and drive to completion. Identifying, calling out and making recommendations to mitigate any risks/challenges identified at all stages.
- Responsible for the quality standard, the costing and the margins of sample fabrics
- Responsible for ensuring functionality (including consistency and standardisation) and ensuring products that are developed are fit for purpose for the customer, brand and business. This includes ongoing risk assessment during the development process and proactivity in taking actions as a result
- Responsible for collaborating with the Fabric Engineering teams while developing the collections for product testing to relevant standards, leveraging their technical knowledge and negotiating any aesthetic changes to protect the design vision
- Support production meetings follow ups at vendors, technical requirements of all proto and samples in preparation for production
- Responsible that all data and the information flow with London are maintained accurately