Facilities Team Leader-(Leading team that oversees repairs in Building R&M trades including plumbing, doors/glass, HVAC, vertical transportation & stockroom equipment)
Lead and direct team through project execution for larger scale company wide initiatives. Lead team to deliver projects that drive sales, improve process efficiency and support consistent execution in all stores. Navigate and influence partners at all levels across the organization with effective communication and expertise. Create a motivating team environment for direct reports by allocating appropriate resources and setting clear expectations to achieve team goals
Identify productivity improvements
- Recommend productivity improvement opportunities by addressing all aspects of a process, including people, procedure, systems and equipment
- Coordinate and lead in-store process improvement events, and build strategies based on findings
Support stores organization through planning and analysis
- Support strategic planning and analysis through forecasting, capacity modeling and network modeling
- Build an expert-level knowledge-base of store operations and Industrial Engineering practices
- Build business case ROI analyses to support Kohl's Technology capital planning projects and store operating model efficiencies
- Recommend changes to standard operating procedures by analyzing key performance indicators
Collaborate with key business partners and SOE leadership
- Report, summarize, and communicate findings and recommendations to key internal stakeholders and leadership
- Ensure end products are intuitive, seamless, simple, and meet the financial goals of key business partners
- Communicate and drive project timelines to meet goals
- Assist in team project prioritization and communication with SOE leadership
- Develop long-term strategies for store operations
Contribute to team development
- Assist in new team member onboarding
- Act as a subject-matter expert for the team
- Assist in training others in IE methodologies
Addendum (LEAD Planner doesn’t have facilities added)
- Prioritize and approve facilities work orders within established budget guidelines.
- Provide oversight of budgets including accruals, forecasting and annual planning.
- Review legal contracts to honor and hold responsible parties to contractual obligations including Landlord lease obligations..
- Assist capital team with scorecarding and preparation of annual capital plan.
- Partner with both internal and external groups to identify trends, Best Practices and conflict resolution.
- Create and monitor reports to track vendor schedules, work order status, and expense.
- Serve as a point of contact for escalated issues for the field.
- Evolve trade specific scopes of work that define expectations associated with response times, methods and means, manufacturer's recommendations, communication, markups and invoicing.
- Manage vendors that execute repair and maintenance tasks in the store environment
- Create and monitor reports to track vendors
- Hold vendors accountable to schedules, work order status, expense and key performance metrics
- Serve as a point of contact for escalated issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Finance, Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Operations & Technology or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years experience
- Experience with statistical analysis, work measurement and process analysis
- Ability to multitask across multiple projects
- Experience in project management
- Demonstrated initiative and strong critical thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Occasional travel, including overnight
- Confident decision making and leadership skills
- Retail store related experience
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience with direct report responsibilities
For other Kohl's jobs, click herehere!