Fashion Apparel Production Assistant
Araks is a sustainable lingerie and swimwear brand that designs and manufactures locally in New York. We are seeking an enterprising, hardworking and ambitious Freelance Production Assistant who enjoys working in a high paced, entrepreneurial and team oriented environment. Precision and an extreme eye for detail is needed as you assist in producing the collection, beginning to end, from design, production, through delivery to the customer.
In this role you will work directly with our Production team, our factories, suppliers and development team to ensure that our products are made sustainability and on time. You will work directly with our factories, cutting rooms, dyers and suppliers. You will assist with preparing cutting tickets, patterns, quality control, spec sheets, samples and maintain our raw materials and bill of materials in our ERP software.
Experience or background with apparel design, sewing and construction. Love of beautiful clothes and an eye for detail is a must. Work closely with our director of production and our local factories to ensure we deliver the best to our customers.
- Assist product development and production process from initial design concept to bulk production.
- Assist in daily communication and visits with all vendors and factories
- Maintain and followup on time & action calendar and WIP for all production POs, sample development and approvals
- Create and maintain BOMs and Style Masters in RLM to ensure accurate calculation for production costs
- Create and issue raw material/finished Purchase Order to both domestic and international suppliers. Follow up with fabric and trim orders to ensure on time deliveries
- Generate and submit development and production cut tickets to domestic factories
- Communicate with marking and grading companies and factories to ensure specs and markers are accurate and complete
- Quality control
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Fashion Production preferred
- Experience in lingerie and swimwear a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft excel, outlook, knowledge of PDM programs. Knowledge of RLM a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Driven and accountable to complete projects to meet deadlines efficiently and accurately
- Great with color
- Must work on-site in New York City studio
We are committed to providing a safe and engaging environment for our interns. We are following all of the recommended CDC guidelines for providing a safe work environment. Using public transit and visiting local factories will be part of this internship.