At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Fashion AssistantAbout Ross Stores, Inc.Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As Part Of The Ross Family You Will Experience
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About This Opportunity...Ross Stores, Inc. is searching for aFashion Assistantbased in our NYC Buying Office.
Why We'll Want To Meet You
- You have at least one to two years of directly related experience in trend forecasting.
- You're obsessed with what's happening in the fashion industry: you know the hottest retailers, you follow fashion influencers, you research fashion blogs.
- Reading reports and deriving insights gives you a thrill your friends will never understand and "Retail Math" is a skill on your resume (at least a basic understanding.)
- You're confident. Presenting your research to a room full of people is just icing on the cake.
The Fashion Assistant is responsible for supporting the Fashion Office in providing trend direction to the Ross Stores buying teams. Serves as a liaison between external Trend Services (Donegar, WGSN, Fashion Snoops) and the people at Ross who make product decisions. Makes recommendations to drive sales through sales analysis and market research/comp shopping.
- Pulls weekly selling reports and analyzes to identify trends and common denominators across Fashion businesses. Identifies what is working and what is not.
- For specific product categories, works with Buyers on identifying any quality issues on TOPS, PPs.
- Comp Shops at discounters and department stores. Based on findings, pulls together trend reports to be distributed to merchants on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Assists Fashion Director in pulling together seasonal trend presentations for all relevant meetings (style outs, best seller meetings, trends to track meetings.)
- Attends Style-outs, Best Seller Meetings, and Trends to Track Meetings.
- Manages Fashion Office calendar (key market appointments, deadlines).
- Serves as Fashion Office representative when GVP is traveling in all market/trend/vendor meetings as needed.
- Attends market appointments with Ross team where applicable.
- Works with Donegar, Fashion Snoops and WGSN and attend all relevant information sessions trend meetings. Responsible for taking notes and putting together recaps for buying teams.
- Creates trend report blasts for Buyers on a bi-weekly basis
- Technical/ Functional Skills
- Trend Identification
- Merchant Analysis
- Vendor/ Fashion Services Relationships
- Decision Making/ Problem Solving
- Great eye for fashion/trend
- Ability to pull together information from multiple sources for presentations
- Takes initiative/able to work independently
- Strong working knowledge of Ross Systems and reports
- Ability to build relationships with Ross merchants at the Buyer and Assistant levels
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong presentation skills & Organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships with the market and fashion services
- One-two years retail merchandising experience.
- Working knowledge of merchandising and technical aspects of merchandising (e.g., fabric, design, silhouettes, etc.).
- Knowledgeable of product development process
- Create presentations using PowerPoint
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
Parent support programs
- And more....
- eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change