Do your friends refer to you as the one who always takes it up a notch? Do they use terms like “badass,” “boss,” and “fun” when referring to you? Does the idea of a “corporate” job make you want to gag? Then we need to talk.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for an ambitious, business-minded, independent recent fashionista to help drive our next phase of growth. We are very selective, so be prepared to demonstrate that you’ve got the moxie, attitude and raw talent to give it a go.
You will work directly with the founder and designer herself, giving you the opportunity to learn from her 22 years of experience in the LA garment industry. You’ll have your hands in everything associated with running an apparel business, including design, marketing, digital media, and production. No boring “big company” job in the world can offer you the vast experience and knowledge you’ll gain here.
You will execute against seasonal concepts that are dynamic, cutting edge, and emulative of the creative vision of the Meghan Inc. brands. You will get involved with various projects in all areas of the business and you will be closer to the action than you ever expected this early in your career. You’ll work your ass off, and have fun doing it. Sound like your cup of tea? Great. Tell us why you’re the one for the job!
Description & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the founder & lead designer to manage daily design operations in El Segundo California to help drive growth at this globally recognized women’s brand.
- Coordinate with wholesale outlets and direct to consumer retail platforms with a specific focus on the Meghan Fabulous and Meghan LA brands.
- Work directly with Shopify interface to merchandise and update online marketplace and add new products.
- Create tech packs with detailed specifications, including sourcing and identifying materials, construction details, and style information. Ability to sketch is a must.
- Assist in fittings.
- Facilitate relationships with outside contractors, vendors and 3PL facilities.
- Participate in creation and vision of sales & marketing materials, including lookbooks, linesheets and spreadsheets.
- Bring your best ideas to boost our online and eCommerce presence, and maximize value through our social media strategy. You will participate in and sometimes own the creation of fresh, new online content on a weekly basis. Please see the @Meghan_Fabulous Instagram page to get a feel for our vibe. TicTok, Instagram experience a plus.
- Help prepare each collection for photo shoots, market appointments and various meetings. Facilitate and assist photo shoots as needed.
- Strong focus on delivery and execution is a must, ensuring adherence to design calendar deadlines and delivery timelines. Customers are counting on us and the next order depends on smooth execution of this order. You are someone who share a deep sense of ownership of this responsibility.
- Stay on top of cutting-edge trends through competitive shopping, runway shows, magazines and social media. Bring your own best ideas!
- Be cool. Exceptional interpersonal skills. People like you, but you’re no pushover.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Fashion Apparel Design, or previous job experience with same responsibilities.
- You’re a good writer and excel at presentations. You impress people.
- People call you a perfectionist. You’re detail oriented. Organized. You can’t stand when something isn’t just right.
- Proficient in relevant technologies including Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Wordpress, Muse, Word, Excel, etc.
- Extensive familiarity with social media platforms, especially Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TicTok and Pinterest.
- Strong language skills. Articulate. You can express yourself well in both writing and verbally. Fluency is Spanish is a plus.
- Mastery of all aspects of garment construction, including proportions, measurements, and trim/fabric details.
- You thrive in an environment that values creativity and flexibility. You don’t need or want a babysitter. Tight deadlines motivate you and you know how to manage your time. You get stuff done.
- You must have your own reliable transportation and be able to be in person, in El Segundo California for this position. We are not offering relocation.