Fashion Design Intern
As a Design Assistant, you will support the CEO by helping execute a creative vision with a progressive, customer centric-approach. You will participate in the creation of graphic desinging, tech packs, product development, sample tracking and research for upcoming trends. This role requires the ability to leverage technical product knowledge with an eye for spotting trends to help build product assortments that our customers have come to expect from us.
Streetsurfers is an eccentric streetwear brand that aims to encourage creative fashion. Our goal is to collaborate with various boutique styled brands found in the West Hollywood area. Our goal is to dominate online sales using social media platforms and to create events in members-only environments like Soho House. As the Graphic Designer, you will actively contribute to all phases of the creative process from concept to execution.
- Utilize various tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Etc
- Assist Design Team with fabric, trim, and embellishment research.
- Create tech packs with detailed specifications that include garment measurements, construction details, and trim/fabric information.
- Organize and maintain fabric, trim, and sample libraries for easy access and reference.
- Research trends and bring in new ideas through competitive shopping, social media, websites, and runway shows.
- Research of current events, fashion/logo trends/collaborations between brands.
- Spec proto samples to ensure they are up to measurement, pattern, color, and quality standards.
- Collaborating with design team to come up with the most on trend silhouettes and logo direction.
- Create original flat sketches based on existing trends and mainstream designs.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90021: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Garment construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fashion design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Los Angeles, CA 90021