Fashion Design Internship - Summer 2022
The Vintage Summer Menswear Design Internship offers this opportunity to highly motivated students wanting to experience hands-on learning in the fashion industry.
Position reports to and works directly with the Design team.
- Assist in day to day operations of the design & production team
- Expand knowledge in fabrications/trims by maintaining fabric & trim library (digital & physical)
- Revise & update line sheets, production & development boards
- Assists in facilitating all aspects of design: from concept to final development of product
- Strong Illustrator/Photoshop sketching ability to utilize adobe programs revising designs, patterns, and techpacks
- Various Marketing/administrative duties
- Organize production submits and track approvals
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials
What YOU will gain:
- Complete understanding of the fashion design and production process when working with overseas partners.
- You will learn and utilize daily CAD skills to create mood boards, sketches, patterns and more!
- Introduction to the importance of fit and technical design - develop skills in points of measure, knowledge of factory pattern making & garment construction, and other technical finishing processes.
- In depth project to add into your portfolio, showcasing all skills and tasks completed during your internship.
- College students or Recent Graduates
- Eagerness to learn
- Strong Communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Having an interest in Menswear is a plus!
This internship may be completed for school credit.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you taken classes or lessons in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop?
- Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location