Leverage our brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, SW) in partnership with our Central & South America Softlines teams. This role will work closely with cross-functional partners (Commercial / PD & Approvers / Licensees) to lead research, share creative vision and effectively inspire strategies that capture market trends, ensure brand storytelling and deliver high quality softlines products (Fashion & Home product categories).
At Disney, we believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products and services our consumers know and love. We are a team of storytellers and hire under equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability and gender identity. We foster a corporate culture of belonging and inclusiveness, which empowers our staff and company to thrive. At Disney, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
- Minimun 2 years of experience as a Fashion Designer (Preferred Industries: Fashion - Textile - Accessories - Footwear - Graphic Design.)
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Fashion Design.
- Advanced English / Portuguese is a plus.
- Excellent level of Photoshop, Illustrator and Keynote.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to combine and balance creativity with business focus, be proactive and able to produce clear concept ideas.
- Team player and available to work in dynamic environments.
- Ability to listen & learn about multicultural markets.
- Partner with the CSA teams to deliver creative and business goals.
- Show a high level of awareness of current trends and technical knowledge (understanding of production methods, silhouettes materials & colour) to guide and support the product development teams.
- Act as bridge between product strategies and product development, with keen knowledge of markets needs, limitations & opportunities. Ensure all information is clearly outlined and communicated across the CSA Softlines teams.
- Able to do extensive research; sketch, develop & present product ideas; design pitches and inspirational product tools.
- Secure and supervise goals throughout the PD & PA teams.