Women’s Clothing Designer - t.la & Associated Brands
DTLA/Los Angeles, CA
Fast-paced contemporary clothing company looking for a designer of 2+ years of experience. Knit manufacturer for Anthropologie, Free People & Urban Outfitters. Salary/benefits commensurate with experience.
- Promote a great attitude and work professionally within the team and department.
- College Degree (BA/Masters) in Fashion design as well as 2+ years of experience in women’s clothing design.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Excellent design, sketch and conceptual skills
- Strong communication and oral skills
- Strong knowledge of cut and sew knit & woven design.
- Ability to work independently while meeting managerial goals.
- Ability to organize daily activities of self and others as well as working as a team player.
- The ideal candidate will design and oversee the entire developmental process.
- Work and partner with the creative director to give fabric, trim & lab dip comments.
- Design into seasonal SKU plan & follow key direction inspiration from creative director & buyers.
- Research trends/concepts/fabrics and create design boards for women’s collections.
- Responsible for the design and execution of women’s lifestyle collection (knits, fleece,
lounge, specialty sizes)
- Work with pattern maker & sample sewers to oversee first samples.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90021: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Garment construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fashion design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location