Fashion Designer (Bridal)
About the company:
Kelly Faetanini is a rapidly growing wedding dress brand that sells wholesale to bridal boutiques around the world and has recently expanded by opening their first retail bridal store in New York City. The brand has become synonymous with femininity, romance and the essence of a classic soul with a modern twist. Keeping her customers in mind, many of her gowns feature customizable options and unique selling features.
At Kelly Faetanini, everything we do in our business is focused on creating a better experience for our customers to truly give them a “wow” experience that is untouchable. We are a dynamic and fast paced company focused on finding innovative ways to better serve our customers. We are a growth mindset group that is always striving to have a positive impact in our industry.
About the position:
Kelly Faetanini is looking for a Designer to execute both design and product development from initial stages though production. This will include trend sourcing, initial sketches, construction, specs and the detailed fitting of TOPS.
This candidate must have experience in bridal design, fittings and be able to communicate with factories and our sample room, fit comments etc, make corrections via email and slack, create tech packs, technical sketches, patterns, provide feedback, insight and creative solutions.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Research current fashion trends and determining what consumers will like
- Collaborate with the design team to develop ideas for new products based on research data
- Designing sketches for new products with a design team
- Develop & update the technical specifications to compete the design teck packs. Include images and keep organized by delivery dates.
- Collaborate Creative Director/Founder while understanding the vision of the brand. Offer alternative suggestions while staying true to quality and trends.
- Concept and execute lace layouts
- Review proto samples, design and fit
- Review and inspect samples
- Conduct fitting with pinning etc and comments
- Make sure proportions are maintained throughout the size ranges
- Manage and develop a calendar. Provide any potential deadlines issues.
- Prioritize workload based on timelines and hit deadlines
- Schedule fittings
- Set standards and consistency across products and categories
- 5 years experience in design, technical design, pattern making, garment construction, developing fabrics, & fittings.
- Able to lead and conduct fittings on live models as well as forms
- Strong knowledge of how to fit and execute as well as improve fit and feel of garment
- Ability to communicate with domestic and overseas vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High Level of organization and attention to detail
- Comfort with multitasking in a deadline driven environment
- Highly motivated and willing to do whatever it takes
- Passionately creative and out of the box thinker
- Self starter and self managed
- Flexible & adaptable to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Personally accountable with high expectations of oneself
- Open-minded, growth-oriented and vulnerable
- Executes with a sense of urgency to maintain deadlines
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Self-determined schedule
- Garment construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fashion design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location