Fashion Designer (Contemporary)
Meet the Owned Brand division of REVOLVE:
REVOLVE is the next-generation fashion retailer for millennial and Generation Z consumers. As a trusted, premium lifestyle brand and a go-to source for discovery and inspiration, REVOLVE delivers an engaging customer experience from a vast yet curated offering of over 45,000 products. Founded in Los Angeles in 2003 by co-CEOs, Michael Mente and Mike Karanikolas, REVOLVE’s family of brands includes their luxury offering, FORWARD, and a portfolio of 24 owned brands such as Lovers + Friends, Tularosa, NBD and RAYE.
The Owned Brand division within REVOLVE is an industry-leading fashion design and production house based in Los Angeles. Leveraging the power of REVOLVE’s data driven merchandising, combined with raw creative talent results in an unparalleled ability to identify a specific market niches, developing brands that each have their own identity, designed with a distinct consumer interest and personality in mind.
At REVOLVE the most successful team members have the thirst and creativity to redefine fashion retail for the 21st century, making REVOLVE THE leading online retail destination targeted towards Millennial and Generation Z consumers seeking premium fashion. With a team of 1,000 strong, we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE “corporate” lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or #lifeatrevolve.
Are you ready to set the standard for Premium apparel?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ownership over brands from development to production
• Leading meetings and working one on one with directors and outside influencers
• Sending out seasonal stitch development based on direction/brand concept
• Leading fittings, updating tech pack construction and BOMs
• Commenting on 1st protos
• Working cross functionally with product development on costing options
• Working in our product console – naming styles etc.
• Communicating with our vendors
• Shopping the market for inspiration
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong sketching ability
• Strong communication skills as this person will be working cross functionally and with many outside influencers
• Strong sense of urgency and able to prioritize deadlines accordingly
• Must be organized and able to juggle multiple deadlines and calendars
• Must be a team player as we maneuver many moving parts
• Must feel confident in leading fittings and meetings
• Must feel confident working one on one with directors and outside influencers/celebrities
• 5-7 years of experience in design
• Procreate is a plus
• Adobe photoshop/illustrator
• Google suite
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. At REVOLVE we all roll up our sleeves to pitch-in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Each day is a little different, it’s what keeps us on our toes and excited to come to work every day.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Revolve includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications.
A reasonable estimate of the current salary rate is $75,000 to $90,000 per year.
After submitting your application, please check your spam folder for emails on your application status. Emails are sent from an ADP email address.