We are an action sports style of brand that celebrates the western athlete and western culture. Based in Spring Branch, Texas, Hooey changed the western headwear game by offering a premium hat at an elevated retail. While headwear is still the primary focus on the brand, Hooey has grown into a head-to-toe western company that offers products in almost all categories.
This is a full-time hybrid Fashion/Graphic Designer role located in Indianapolis, IN, with flexibility for some remote work. As a Fashion/Graphic Designer at Hooey Brands, you will utilize your creativity and design skills to produce visually appealing products that effectively communicate ideas and concepts to a target audience. You will collaborate closely with other team members, as well as external vendors, to ensure a consistent brand message is communicated through print and digital media with a focus on headwear and apparel design.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Previous apparel and headwear design experience with an available portfolio
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with typography, color theory, and layout design
- Understanding of print production processes and file preparation
- Experience creating graphics for a variety of formats (e.g. social media, web, print, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Portfolio showcasing relevant design work
- Headwear and Apparel Design - design product in collaboration with Hooey licensors: headwear and apparel. This will also include creating tech packs and working in sync with product vendors. Will be responsible for uploading artwork for approval through multiple portals managed by licensors.
- Catalog Building - develop catalogs for licensed categories as well as brand categories
- Line Sheet Building - develop line sheets for product pitches to potential licensors and retailers
- Manage Event Product - work in unison with VP of Brand Development to track all special event product design, design submission and procurement
- Asset Building - develop assets to be used on social channels, e-commerce channels and within catalogs and line sheets