Fashion Designer or Dressmaker
Do you LOVE to sew?
Seeking Sewing Talent for a Creative Job Opportunity!
AtUnbox the Dress®, our customers trust us to redesign their cherished wedding gowns into heirloom quality keepsakes and gifts! Our team of sewing talents works together to bring new life to beloved wedding gowns.
We are currently looking to add to our team - if you love to sew or design consider joining our team!
Now Accepting Applications for a Full Time Fashion Designer or Dressmaker
While we hire based on technical ability, we provide comprehensive training and design guides. Unsure if you qualify? Please apply regardless!
Work in a friendly environment, working for a women-lead and fast-growing company doing meaningful, creative work, including:
- Redesign wedding dresses based on company patterns, standards, and quality. Attention to detail, and an eye for elegant, classic design, and a love for formal wear/bridal fashion or upcycling is a big plus!
- Carefully deconstruct dresses from all eras, prep fabric for repurposing.
- Follow company patterns to create heirloom-quality products from wedding gown fabric (Bridal Robes, Christening Gowns, Pillow Sets, Accessories, etc.)
- Employ multiple strategies (Machine stitch, hand sew) to create designs.
- Follow Quality Control guidelines, inspect designs to ensure high-end condition prior to completion.
- Troubleshoot redesign challenges using creativity and an eye for design.
- Follow project design notes carefully to ensure client satisfaction.
- At least 4 years of professional sewing experienceORcompleted Bachelor’s Degree in Design/Similar field of study.
- Reliable Transportation
- Positive and Professional Attitude/Communication Skills
- Experienced in patterning, cutting, design and advanced sewing skills.
If you are someone who meets these qualifications, then it’s time to say, “Yes!” to Unbox The Dress!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Competitive pay starting at $15/hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday