DIRECTOR, FASHION PRACTICE
BPCM is a strategic advisory & communications firm located in the heart of Dumbo. We have been partnering with brands and building careers for over 20+ years and are a Female lead and all-inclusive driven company. We care about sustainability, brand recognition and telling stories that live on and we look for people that want to join a team that is supportive of one another, celebrates innovation and encourages growth. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
BPCM is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Fashion Director with a proven ability to successfully manage high profile fashion/accessories brands and runway designer brands. Candidates must be adept at multi-tasking, working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, as well as possess strong management and communication skills. Only candidates with substantial experience in the development, execution and management of brand/product integrated marketing communications and public relations plans, events, and promotions with top tier Fashion brands in both Contemporary and Luxury categories will be considered. Candidate must also have excellent written and oral communication skills, have well established industry relationships, as well as be able to develop, negotiate and manage strategic marketing and promotional partnerships.
About the role
- Lead the creation and conception of strategic planning for all clients and oversee the execution of plans with responsibility for feature pitching and brand storytelling.
- Provide strategic direction to clients on initiatives, brand positioning and core messaging
- Direct and manage account teams and oversees all client requests
- Senior day to day contact for client teams
- Oversee and manage the coordination of all internal and external resources
- Manage team members during daily activities including event planning, seeding, reporting and program recaps for specific projects
- Ability to lead, manage and mentor junior team members and manage up to leadership and partner level
- Actively fosters a team spirit across both NY and LA offices, as well as ModusBPCM in London
- Cultivate relationships with top-tier consumer, business, and trade press
- Leverage these relationships to secure features for clients across broadcast, print and digital
- Possess extremely strong/expert level knowledge of fashion media practices, as well as proven results garnering coverage with influencers and in print, broadcast TV and online mediums
- Oversee the planning and execution of PR and influencer events (Fashion Week, Press/Influencer Trips, Product/Collection Launches, Deskside Meetings, Store Openings, Cocktails/Dinners, Large-Scale Parties/Activations, etc.)
- Have an awareness of pop culture events, editorial calendars, seasonal and celebrity trends to effectively and proactively apply story angle development that is strategic and timely in order to maximize brand features and product placements across national, regional, online, trade and broadcast outlets
- Partner with BPCM Influencer lead and team on all client influencer initiatives, ensuring KPIs are met and exceeded.
- Develop relationships with client appropriate lifestyle and fashion influencers to maximize content opportunities and brand exposure on their channels
- Have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the influencer landscape in order to effectively curate brand-aligned lists – whether for seeding, event invitations, etc.
- Possess standard knowledge of deal memo/basic contracting in order to execute one-off talent campaigns or opportunities
- Identify relevant strategic partnerships for clients, assist in developing those relationships
- Possess a combination of creative and strategic thinking; ability to be an out of the box thinker and contribute to agency wide brainstorms across all divisions and practices
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and have ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented and high-energy environment
- Ability to manage several accounts independently with a positive and proactive attitude
- Help lead the business development of BPCM Fashion, cultivating relationships in the market for new business opportunities
- Lead and participate in new business recommendations, proposals and presentations.
- Oversee all budgeting and invoice tracking, ensuring accuracy and reconciliation
- Facilitate regular client budget updates
- Responsible for ensuring projects remain on budget
- Works with BPCM team members in overseeing project budget estimates and tracking and reconciliation
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience preferably at a PR agency working on campaigns with top Fashion brands.
- B.A., preferably in related field such as Marketing, PR, Communications and/or Journalism
- Must have extensive and extremely well-established senior and director level media contacts in top tier media platforms, trade publications and national, regional and online media
- Must exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues
- Experience or interest in high-level consulting for emerging fashion brands/designer talent
- Must have experience in senior level pitching and feature development
- Expert press release and pitch writing, communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; adept at developing rapport with clients to maintain strong working relationships
- Team leader with ability to mentor and develop junior team members
- Independent thinker with hands-on can-do, “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
We believe that the most important aspect of our agency is our team, and we take great care in ensuring their wellbeing, connection and support. We just moved to Dumbo and love the breathtaking views of Manhattan, surrounded by great bars, restaurants, parks, and picnic areas. If you ask our team, people who used to work for us and people who left and came back, everyone will tell you that BPCM is extremely strong in building community and caring for the individual. Although we work in a fast-paced, high-achieving environment, the team always look out for each other and have each other’s back. We are an agency that’s committed to excellence for our clients and each other. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, hybrid work schedule, monthly tech stipend, dog friendly environment, summer hours and a generous Paid Time Off policy.
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.