Summary of Responsibilities:
The Golf Shop Merchandiser assists the Retail Operations Manager in the management of the day-to-day operations within the golf shop. They are responsible for promoting the image, products, and services of the Golf Shop by creating eye-catching product displays, store layouts and design to attract customers and encourage them to shop.
Enhancing lives of Members and Guests with “WOW” moments they can’t live without.
- Assist the Retail Operations Manager in the day-to-day operations of the golf shop.
- Supervises the golf shop in the absence of the Retail Operations Manager.
- Assist with golfer check-in and help prevent mistakes with merchandise sales and tee time billing.
- Assist with training staff for all opening and closing procedures.
- Merchandise the golf shop to ensure all displays and mannequins are changed often.
- Make sure that current product is displayed to the best ability and is represented well.
- Maintains excellent organizational skills and moved product to the floor daily.
- Responsible for the golf shop marketing including (but not limited to) Instagram, Facebook, and weekly eblasts.
- Remain current on new merchandise and trending products through a variety of platforms.
- Uses creativity for new sale ideas and markets new products weekly.
- Engages daily with members via marketing strategies (including surveys, member engagement, marketing material by brands, etc.)
- Engages with members immediately upon entering the golf shop and raise the level of service regarding their shopping experience.
- Is always aware of the products we carry, the differences between products and uses sales techniques.
- Ensures the golf shop is cleaned daily (vacuuming, cleaning the windows, and back-office area is neat).
- Work closely with Retail Operations Manager regarding low inventory levels and assists with selecting and stocking new products.
- Consistently prepares and tags merchandise to be put out on the floor when requested by Retail Operations Manager.
- Follows procedures for receiving product, billing members, and contacting members in a timely fashion.
- Assists in inventory control of merchandise and special orders including ordering procedures, receiving procedures, inputting into point-of-sale system, pricing procedures, inventory, display and sales.
- Ensures other staff members are providing correct information regarding special orders, eliminating errors, and providing members with a timely order process.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and always maintains a professional image.
- Acts as role model for all employees by demonstrating professional behavior and a committed work ethic.
- Promotes a positive image within the company and community, always smiling with a “Yes We Can” attitude.
- Assists other department as needed.
- Assists the Retail Operations Manager with applications for Merchandising Awards.
- Assists the Retail Operations Manager in any other functions that they deem necessary for the success of the golf operation.
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years retail experience preferred
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and wipe to perform essential job functions
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must be able to work indoor and outdoor environment, day and/or night hours, occasional long hours and weekends and holidays
- Lifting may be required up to 50 pounds
- Hot temperatures in the summer and cold temperatures during the winter
- Ability to use both arms and hands
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time
- FLSA, Non-Exempt
- Family Meals Provided
- Staff Development Opportunities
- Employee Outings, Pool & Holiday Parties
- Golf, Tennis/Paddle, Fitness Privileges
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- After 1 year: 401(k) eligibility
- FSA & DCA enrollment
- Flu shot clinic