Fashion Product Handler
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods. Through our work, we are committed to contributing to a sustainable future, both for fashion and for our employees. Authenticity is a core component of our business; we value it in our products and we celebrate it across our teams by encouraging every TRR employee to bring their REAL authentic selves to work each day. We’re hiring, and we’d love for you to join our dynamic team!
Our Authentication Centers (warehouses) are where the magic happens! The Art & Science of Real comes to life within our facilities located in New Jersey and Arizona — combining the knowledge of hundreds of luxury experts with cutting-edge, proprietary technology. As consigned goods travel into our facilities, the team processes, authenticates, and photographs each item in preparation for listing to our website. As a Fashion Product handler, you will transport products ranging from designer clothing to fine jewelry and watches, to their prospective department. If you are a self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, production-driven environment, this could be the perfect match!
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Distribute product to respective Authentication departments (Jewelry, Ready-To-Wear, Men’s, Shoes & Accessories, and Handbags)
- Ensure sorting racks are full and product is distributed evenly
- Quality controlling every item at pick-up, ensuring everything has a receiving ticket
- Transfer rejected items to consignor returns department
- Work with Lead Receivers to ensure VIP consignments are given to the proper authentication teams
- Stock Receiving Desk with supplies (hangers, containers, plastic sleeves, printer paper, etc.)
- Distribute inbound boxes and/or bags to Receiving, keeping multiple bag consignments together
- Help keep Receiving area organized by condensing and organizing consignments in the staging area
- Operate manual pallet jack to move product and pallets throughout the warehouse (training will be provided)
- 6+ months of experience working in a warehouse production environment
- Proven ability to excel in a high-volume, repetitive, quota-driven environment
- Self-motivation and a drive to achieve results
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Adaptability and openness to change
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds (moving and sorting product, etc.)
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to read and write in English
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Google Suite
- $50 in monthly food credits to apply to snacks and meals that are available for purchase on site
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (purchase stock at discounted rates)
- 401K (with company matching up to $1000)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- 18 Paid Time Off (PTO) Days (PTO starts accruing on first day of work) & 9 Paid Holidays
- State of the art, climate-controlled warehouse facility
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 30 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our twelve shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.