Fashion Production/ Design/ Studio Assistant
Danarys New York is a high-end womenswear brand redefining luxury with our made-to-order approach. Our timeless pieces are created in our atelier in New York's Garment District. The freedom to express your individuality is built into our design process, with design and sizing customizations offered.
Danarys New York is seeking passionate, talented students interested in luxury womenswear. Our Production/ Design/ Studio Assistant will work closely with our atelier team to gain industry experience and knowledge about the design production process.
- Build lookbooks, packing lists, tech packs & cutting tickets.
- Attend meetings with the creative director and associate designer about collection development & production.
- Update and maintain the sales spreadsheet, order form, inventory form, cost sheets & line sheet.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining the fabric library, studio materials, & samples in the Atelier.
- Organize clothing delivery during photo shoots, pop-ups, fashion shows, & presentations.
- Assist with design and development, including fabric sourcing, trim sourcing, & pattern development.
- Communicate & collaborate with the atelier team & factories regarding production.
- Work with the creative director on content creation and scheduling.
- Update and monitor content for social media and website weekly.
- Shoot and edit image and video content in the atelier.
- Write social media copy, customer template responses, website, and garment descriptions.
- Assist with photoshoots, garment fittings, studio visits & other events.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the studio.
- Assist with filling out forms and general in-studio initiatives.
- Must be able to commute to the garment district in New York City.
- 2+ years of related experience needed
- Must know about garment construction and production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to collaborate in a team and individually
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Onedrive
- Impeccable problem-solving and organization skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus