Fashion Stylist - Garden State Plaza (Paramus, NJ)
In 2002, AKIRA opened the doors to its first women's clothing boutique in Chicago. Since then, the company has extended its reach to 30+ stores across the United States, as well as a thriving eCommerce business (shopAKIRA.com.) AKIRA is extremely well-poised for sustained growth as we continue to build a nationally recognized brand.
AKIRA’s culture has one very large, distinct difference from other accessible high fashion competitors: Other-Worldly Customer Service and Fanatical, Obsessive Attention to the consumer’s needs and desires. The core principle for all employees at AKIRA is to Act and Think Like an Owner, and this belief can be reflected across all areas of the company.
Our Stylists are fashion leaders who serve as ambassadors for the AKIRA brand. We are driven, fanatical people that surpass individual sales goals by building a loyal clientele. Stylists must provide a high level styling experience that results in an "I LOVE AKIRA!" reaction from our clients each and every time they shop.
● Providing excellent customer service through our 5 steps of selling
● Giving expert advice on styling and trends
● Accurately & relentlessly selecting merchandise to create head to toe looks for clients
● Starting and maintaining personalized fitting room for each client
● Building strong and lasting relationships with clients
● Participating in the overall upkeep of the store
● Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of product
● Achieving & surpassing individual sales goals
● Contributing to achieve and surpass the store’s daily, weekly, & monthly sales goals
● Strong work ethic
● Leadership skills
● Ability to multitask
● Strong sense of urgency
● Fun, personable, & a positive attitude
● High level of integrity & ability to be a team player
● Experience in selling, styling, & clienteling
● The ability to engage, relate, & captivate customers on a personal basis
● Proven track record of achievement
● An entrepreneurial mindset for driving sales
● A true fashionista, as shown in his/her wardrobe & style
● Up-to-date with all fashion trends in accessories, shoes, & apparel
**Hourly range with commission -- $16-30
At AKIRA we believe that treating everyone in a first-class manner is essential to fostering an inclusive environment that reflects our values and our community. This is deeply rooted in our company's principles, culture, and fashion. We continuously strive to cultivate a company where employees feel a sense of belonging and contribute to a culture that values differences, ideas, and experiences. Our unique workforce is directly linked to our success and makes us stronger collectively.