Fashion Stylist - On Call
US08617About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however, shifts can be short notice as well.Day in the Life
- Select the most appropriate pieces from collections and ranges for the live show - helps to create the concept of product lines, and execute the vision for our partners and vendors
- Style wardrobe looks and design attractive outfits for multiple departments within HSN; primarily supporting the live show
- Preps clothing and accessories as needed, such as ironing and steaming, etc
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
- Communicates with producers, reviews flow sheets prior to airtime, and suggests changes based on presentation
- Communicate effectively and clearly to directs models during the live show
- Maintain a neat and organized wardrobe area
- Report recaps of shows on a daily basis
- Keep up to date with emerging fashion trends, styles, and designs; stay current on contemporary styles
- Attend meeting on behalf of the team and department
- Works with hosts and on air guests to ensure their best on air look
- Develops professional, constructive, and cooperative working relationships with vendors, business partners, and on air guests, and maintaining them over time
- Degree in Fashion Design or related degree with experience in runway coordination, visual merchandising or fashion styling
- 2 years of styling experience of recent and directly related Styling experience required
- Flexible scheduling – days, nights, overnights, and weekends to support the 24/7 live show environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to differentiate between colors and textures.
- Must be able to comprehend instruction both written and oral
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 40lbs
“Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.Nice to Haves
- Positive attitude and be excited to learn and grow continually
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Works well individually and as part of a team
- Ability to react quickly to critical situations that occur in a live broadcast & production environment
- Ability to work in an ever-changing “live show” atmosphere, under pressure while keeping a professional composure
If you enjoy being a part of a team, creating experiences and delighting customers, you’ll love it here. If you’re excited about retail, fashion, media, social, live streaming, technology, customer service, design and more, you’ll find amazing projects to work on. If you want to grow professionally and learn every day, you’ll thrive with us. If you appreciate flexible working options, our Qurated community, where intentional connections matter and a company committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, you’ll be amazed at what’s available for our team members! We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package including competitive compensation, health care benefits starting on day 1, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, parental leave, paid volunteer hours, company discounts and much more. Best of all, working with Qurate Retail Group means friendly teams, ambitious projects and fast-moving careers!
For Qurate Retail Group, our focus on diversity, equity and inclusion is deeply rooted in Our Principles. They call on us to Drive Progress, Act With Empathy, Be Brave, Embrace the Future, and Do What’s Right so that everyone can thrive. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides equal employment opportunities for all team members and candidates and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a barrier-free employment process. If you need reasonable accommodations/support throughout, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.