Fashion Stylist / Wardrobe Archivist
Open Position: Wardrobe Archivist in Chicago, IL
Interested in a career in fashion and looking for a head start?
Want to become a wardrobe stylist and need to develop your skills?
Already working as a fashion stylist and need to acquire more clients?
Come work with Indyx! We offer highly competitive compensation, a flexible schedule, and hands-on training to help you grow your career in fashion styling.
Indyx is an early-stage startup with a vision to build curated, connected, and circular wardrobes. Our team of Wardrobe Archivists visit a client’s home to digitize her wardrobe. We take photos and capture key product information, so the client has a beautifully cataloged digital wardrobe instantly and effortlessly. Once a client’s wardrobe is cataloged, Indyx ‘unlocks’ the ability for her to be digitally styled or list her items for resale with a single click.
We seek highly motivated individuals in Chicago to join our growing Archivist team.
What You’ll Do
- Travel to a client’s home to catalog her wardrobe - as the first human interaction with our brand, you will be critical in establishing a close, trusted relationship between Indyx and our clients
- Take photos, and document product information efficiently and accurately
- Work closely with our styling team on digital styling and outfit recommendations
Who You Are
- Passionate about fashion and client service.
- Have a keen sense of style.
- Detailed-oriented and meticulous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Curious and always hungry to learn.
- Based in the Chicago metropolitan area and self-sufficient in getting to and from client appointments.
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
- Prior experience in fashion, styling, or retail is preferred but not required.
- You are straightforward and direct
- You are comfortable confronting big, ambiguous problems with the confidence that we can work together to solve anything
- You take informed risks, welcoming the possibility of failure & fast iteration
- You have stick-to-it-iveness and cultivate persistence in working towards our goals
- You work to solve root causes rather than treating symptoms
- You demonstrate clarity of thought, able to concisely articulate what you are, and what you are not, trying to do
- You smartly separate what must be done well now from what can be improved later
- You are a steady influence, demonstrating emotional maturity in navigating any situation
- You seek out alternate perspectives to improve your ideas
- You are humble in listening well, looking to understand before reacting
- You recognize that we all have biases and work to counteract them
- You give and take feedback to and from colleagues at any level
- You actively participate in building a diverse team where everyone feels welcomed and respected
Be a Founder
- You are quick to pitch in on any task that needs doing without keeping score
- You design solutions rather than dwelling on problems
- You are resourceful & creative in making our ambitions a reality
- You are naturally curious, which allows you to make connections that others may miss
Be a User
- You care about the problem we’re solving
- You are genuinely interested in our users/clients and how we can better serve them
- You have a vision for the larger user experience outside of your direct domain