FASHION TECHNICAL DESIGNER- APPAREL
Born in 2011, Posh Peanut Inc. began because of a genuine love for children, children’s clothing and an inventive excitement needing to be fulfilled. The founder of Posh Peanut, Fiona Sahakian is a wife, mother of two, daughter and sister. Fiona is the true example of a working mother and wife proving that it is possible for women to do it all. Posh Peanut has been a dream come true for Fiona and she could never imagine life without all of the loyal parents & peanuts that have grown to adore the company as well! Creating is a passion that she will forever embrace in herself and all children. Posh Peanut is committed to providing fashion forward, excellent quality and adorable children’s clothing & accessories as well as serving our customers with above satisfactory customer service. Posh Peanut Inc. strives to foster a working environment where our employees learn, grow and take satisfaction knowing that they contribute to the success of the Company.
Fashion Technical Designer will play a crucial role in translating creative concepts into well-constructed apparel. This role includes collaborating with the design team to develop technical specifications, creating detailed garment patterns, conducting fittings, and ensure smooth transition from design to production.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Collaborate closely with the design team to understand design intent and translate them into technical specifications
- Develop detailed techpacks, taking into consideration the fit, style, and manufacturing/ compliance requirements.
- Conduct fittings and make necessary adjustments to achieve optimal garment fit and design integrity
- Utilize digital photos, technical sketches, detailed instructions, and comments from fit sessions to communicate corrections.
- Directs execution of fit from development through production
- Work closely with production team to ensure the designs are executed accurately and efficiently.
- Maintains consistency in fit and quality standards
- Communicates with overseas vendors and agents regarding construction and fit issues
- Manages workload based on calendar due dates and production deadlines
- Organize and maintain samples for each season.
- Provide technical guidance and support to cross functional teams, fostering effective communication
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design, Apparel Manufacturing, or related field, which
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least 5 years of related experience is required
- 5+ years of experience in technical design, patternmaking a plus
- Strong knowledge in cut n sew knit, garment construction and manufacturing process
- Knowledge of Girls and Boys Apparel and Sleepwear, infant through youth a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of grading, pattern construction, apparel fitting and fit comments as well as safety compliance issues.
- Ability to work independently to meet multiple deadlines.
- Proficient in PLM, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Illustrator, and Outlook skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other departments.
- A team player that can work well with others.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
WHAT WE OFFER...
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonus
- Employee Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Free Snacks
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to intentional anti-racism in all areas of our organization and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with the L.A. Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance. Our diverse backgrounds, perspectives, identities, and talents help us thrive.