Finance Manager - Capital Planning
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join the Capital Planning team. The Capital Planning team is responsible for NIKE’s overall capital structure, including long and short-term funding needs, share repurchases, and enterprise cash flow and liquidity forecasting. Successful Finance Managers are analytical thinkers and that can communicate effectively with senior management while handling competing priorities in a quickly changing environment.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
On any given day you might be managing NIKE’s share repurchase strategy and execution, preparing interest income & expense forecasts, and assisting senior management with NIKE bank and rating agency relationship management. You will play a critical role in executing debt capital markets transactions. Finally, you will lead ad hoc analyses to support decisions around NIKE capital structure and liquidity in response to changing macro-economic or business conditions.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will partner cross-functionally with Global Business Planning, Global Cash and Banking, Corporate Finance, Controlling, Tax, Legal, and Investor Relations to successful execute deliverables. Additionally, you may work closely with our external relationship banks where they can provide research and/or products to support our capital structure objectives.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other business-related field; MBA and/or CFA charter holder preferred
- 5 or more years of experience at the Global Headquarters of a publicly traded multinational company or at a financial services company
- Experience in Treasury, Banking and/or Corporate Finance
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills with a keen ability to communicate complex concepts to wide and diverse audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create and deliver presentations to Senior Leadership
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to learn and leverage tools such as Power BI
- Comfortable working in ambiguous and quickly changing environments
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities; strong organization skills
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.