Finance Manager, Global Product & Merch
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
We are seeking a Finance Manager for Global Product & Merch! This person will support the Global Product & Merch Finance leaders, providing key insights into the state of the business through a Consumer & Product lens, guiding critical decisions and performance managing a broad portfolio.
This candidate will be the Finance point person for all seasonal Product & Merch related topics, bringing together Consumer & Product financial plans and ensuring healthy/sustainable growth and profitability. Additionally, this candidate will play a key role in planning and ensuring the overall success of our Corporate CSR and AOP process through a Product & Consumer lens.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a great teammate with a strategic mindset, strong technical background, and a passion for the Nike Brand. As this role will guide and mentor up and coming analysts, strong leadership is critical.
To be successful in this role you will need the ability to analyze a variety of business dimensions and parse out key story lines. You will also need to present a variety of data points in a manner that is digestible at an executive level.
The ability to understand the broader strategic landscape will be helpful as you evolve the process to better inform your business partners and optimize business decisions.
You will interact with a diverse set of business partners, so understanding your audience and communicating the appropriate level of detail will be a critical skillset.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As a Finance Manager in the Product & Merchandising team you will be responsible for tracking, consolidating, and analyzing Nike’s seasonal Consumer and Product strategy, identifying and communicating shifting trends within the marketplace, and developing best in class visuals to enable consistent and efficient storytelling across the entire business. Key accountabilities will include:
- Overseeing seasonal financial planning processes, managing financial models, visualizing data, enabling future reporting, and ensuring best practices across the company
- Support the Corporate Strategic Review (CSR) and facilitate a multi-season portfolio review session (SBR) to deliver an aligned strategic and financial portfolio growth plan to the Consumer Creation LT
- Evaluate the portfolio across price, cost, mix and assortment to ensure future portfolio product offering is delivering against the Consumer opportunity
- Set the long-range portfolio financial target for Genders/Product Engines in support for Corporate LTFM
- In depth analysis, insights, and recommendations on key financial and performance measurements, helping to optimize growth and profitability
- Tool and operational improvement as Nike evolves systems & reporting, freeing capacity for additional strategic thought partnership related to Nike’s key initiatives
You will collaborate closely with both Finance & cross-functional partners across a diverse set of teams.
You will partner closely with various teams across Global Finance Product & Merch team (Footwear, Apparel, Pricing, Macros), and Finance Consumer Leaders. You will also work closely with Global & Geo Business Planning teams, and broader Finance leadership for different corporate and seasonal gates.
Additionally, you will work closely with the Finance Transformation and Strategy team and DSM to help establish standard methodologies.WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field with emphasis in finance/accounting/economics, MBA a plus or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis, financial/planning, and/or budgeting/forecasting
- Outstanding analytical skills along with the strong ability to convert data/information into comprehensive insights and storytelling, including visual representation of data
- Proven ability to complete quantitative/qualitative analysis and financial modeling
- Ability to understand broader planning landscape and drive iterative operational improvement
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Sophisticated level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is a plus
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.