Finance Planning Manager, Central and South America
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to support the Central and South America (CaSA) Territory, one of six Territories within the APLA Geography and the only one co-located at Nike World Headquarters! This person will support the development of strategic and in-season financial plans aligned to scaling our CaSA business through the management of a hybrid portfolio of owned/operated countries and Distributors that serve to expand and amplify the Nike Brand across fifty-two countries. We are seeking a critical thinker, an effective communicator across cultures and functions, a detailed process manager, and a someone with a strong ability to handle contending priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever-evolving environment.What you will work on
In this role, you will support the development of, and delivery against, CaSA’s in-year and long-range financial plans. You will partner both cross-functionally and with key financial partners to orchestrate financial processes for the CaSA territory and will coordinate deliverable requirements both within CaSA and with our APLA Geography counterparts.
You will monitor actuals and explain variances/risks to plan, tracking key performance indicators across the P&L while providing actionable insights to ensure we can deliver against our goals.
You will also assist in the development of our in-year forecast, as well as longer range plans such as our budget, annual operating plan, and three-year strategic plan.
Additionally, you will play an important role in ad hoc financial modelling to support strategic initiatives, new business opportunities, and investments; and will also help to continuously evolve and improve our financial and operating tools and processes as we seek to create the future of the CaSA Finance function.
You will report to the CaSA Financial Planning and Analysis Director, and will serve as an influential partner for multiple business and finance counterparts.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a business-related field with an emphasis in finance, accounting, economics, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience and training. MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis, planning, and/or budgeting/forecasting; full P&L management a plus
- Outstanding analytical skills with the ability to access and convert data into meaningful storylines and actionable insights
- Strong written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to develop, and present complex storylines to senior management
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large matrix organization, ability to network and influence across several groups
- Proven ability to build and manage complex financial models
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Results-driven, high-energy self-starter with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated proficiency in English; Portuguese or Spanish a plus
- Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, SAP-EPM, Cognos, BHP/BWP) and SAP Finance is a plus
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.