Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
As a Financial Analyst on the Skechers Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team, you would be responsible for analyzing metrics and trends for our wholesale segment and corporate cost centers to understand results and support business decisions. In collaboration with operations leaders and partners, you would prepare annual financial plans, on-going financial forecasts, and long-term strategic plans for our wholesale business. You would also provide key input on new business models and initiatives, designed to drive growth, profitability, and shareholder value.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Prepare accurate and timely analytics, reports, and insightful observations for business leaders to increase operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Help develop an annual operating plan, quarterly forecasts, and a long-range plan for wholesale and corporate cost centers
- Support various business leaders with ad hoc operational and strategic analyses and projects
- Assist with the development of meaningful reports and analytics to support the needs of business leaders and executives, the board, and external stakeholders
- Participate in the on-going development and operations of a newly implemented worldwide planning system and process to support analysis, reporting, and planning needs. Assist with implementation of best practices and process enhancements for the continuous improvement of the function and business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels of an organization, and especially with senior management
- Able to quickly understand and explain complex data/issues and distill complex and voluminous data into understandable information for a wide audience
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong initiative with a proven ability to follow-through on projects and bring them to a timely completion
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate forward looking changes required for shifts in business operations
- Ability to support organizational shifts
- Strong systems aptitude and business focus, experience with Oracle EPM software preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and procedures
- Highly proficient PC skills, especially in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to gain trust at the highest levels of an organization
- Ability to work collaboratively and in group situations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in financial planning and analysis or in an adjacent field of finance, investment banking, consulting, business intelligence or accounting
- Oracle and / or Hyperion Planning experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.