By Malene Birger is looking for a Fit Technician to work with the Fitting Team to ensure our garments meet our quality requirements. You will set these standards, process garments through from tech pack to production ensuring that suppliers are fully aware of all technical standards and procedures. Attention to detail is a key requirement.
The Fit Technician handles product measurement to assure our products have the correct sizing, specs, scales, fits, ratios and accurate documentation of all products. This position will be handling all aspects of fits, grading, and spec’ing from initial concept to finished production for the Knitwear- and Jersey categories. In addition, this position entails being responsible for taking all measurements of our sales samples, pre-production samples and shipment samples. Coordinating production timeline, sample critical path, sample commenting, and quality assurance are key responsibilities in this role.
You will be working closely with our Pattern Makers, Product Developers, Buyers and Designers. The role reports to Head of Sourcing, Development & Production and the start-date is a soon as possible.
- Create measurements, specs and sample approvals for Knitwear and Jersey from initial concept to finished product, in collaboration with designer and product developer.
- Ownership for all carry over items, being launched immediately to production from sales sample.
- Measuring proto-, sales-, pre-production- and shipment samples and maintain all specifications in tech packs across all product categories.
- Production coordination, critical path, sample follow up from sales sample to shipment sample approval.
- Ensure fit comments go out in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Ensure all samples are correct according to specifications.
- Attend fittings and work proactively on fit and quality.
- Working with pattern makers advising on deviation, making and garment construction.
- Coordinating and evaluating wear tests to ensure product is meeting our quality requirements.
- Analyze product returns and faults.
- Perform tests and quality controls together with Quality Assurance Specialist at our warehouse.
- Liaise with the Sales, Ecommerce and Retail team on any changes, corrections made from sales sample to production.
- Liaise with Ecommerce & Marketing team on samples for photoshoots and showrooms.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in pattern cutting and grading is essential.
- Preferred 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role. Ideally within a premium womenswear brand.
- Critical eye for details and fit.
- Ability to advise technical solutions for fit, garment construction and making.
- Good understanding of manufacturing and ability to conduct production assessments.
- Familiar with PLM/PDM systems. Knowledge of Gerber and Clo 3D is considered a plus.
- Ability to work independently, and in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail and proven organizational & time management skills.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Great communicator and team player.