Footwear Color Designer I, Men's Running
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fashion design, product design, accessory and footwear design, material design or textile design or equivalent education, experience, or training
- At Least 2 years of experience in a design environment working with materials, textiles and/or color trends
- Development of products, including coordinating with multiple partners to ensure the accuracy of produced designs a plus
- Ability to collaborate with other designers/Design Directors to build palettes and color flow based on category color strategy
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of color technology and how to achieve desired color effects: materials, dyes, finishes and color achievability
- Provides color design support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load
- Ability to plan and execute the product color details and review all samples, troubleshoot for achievability issues and clearly communicate changes in order to ensure timely completion of each project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and Keynote on a Mac Platform
- Understanding of the Footwear Product Creation process, a plus
- Passion for Design
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a Footwear Color Designer I to combine their experience, problem solving abilities, and creativity to help build the future of Footwear Color Design! The ideal candidate needs to elevate the Nike athlete product experience with a focus on both the art & science of Color. In this role, you will drive an emotional connection to footwear through the use of narrative and storytelling.
What you will work on
As the Footwear Color Designer, you will bring to life trend-relevant, narrative-driven concepts by being a color specialist at the product and collection level. This will require driving product excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing. Through research and deep consumer understanding, you will be on the cutting edge of color trends, fashion, art, design and sports-related products.
Who you will work with
On a day to day basis you will be working with a wide-range of internal partners including Footwear and Apparel Color Designers, Developers, and Product Line Managers.