Footwear Design Intern
Whether you're looking to jump start your career or gain first hands-on experience in a new field, an internship at On offers you a unique growth experience, the chance to make an impact from day 1 and contribute to On's growth journey. We are looking for fresh ideas, curious minds and passionate individuals ready to make a difference. Our internships generally last 6 months and you will be fully embedded in a team.
- Start date: April 1st, 2024
- Duration: 6 months
- Prerequisite: Interest in area relevant to the internship, passion for On, right to work in EU / Switzerland
- Note: This is a paid internship
We are excited to offer the opportunity to join our Zurich-based Footwear Design team for a six months internship. You will collaborate with experienced professionals from various teams, being involved in the full design process of footwear creation, starting from concept research to product briefings for production and bringing a fresh perspective to the development of our collections.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the footwear design process and gain the understanding of the needs of world class athletes, street style doors and active communities and translate this knowledge into support and creating innovative designs. You will be involved in conducting research, ideation, shoe making and creating material and color applications that align with our future business needs.
We are looking for a passionate, creative, and innovative individual with a keen eye for design and trends. If you thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and are eager to gain valuable experience in the sports industry, this internship is the perfect opportunity for you to kickstart your career.
- You will support the development of concepts, mock-ups, visuals, 2D and 3D files for new projects
- You will support the development of design concepts for existing projects
- You will work closely with other cross-functional teams like Innovation, Product - Development and Product Management on creating functional and performance-driven products
- You will research market and consumer trends to help support future opportunities relevant to On's vision
- You will have the chance utilize the facilities teams to explore your own project/s
- You are currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a Bachelor's or Master's program in Industrial/Product Design, Graphic Design, or a related field
- You have a strong portfolio that showcases your skills and potential
- You have a strong interest in footwear and fashion
- You have strong sketching and mock-up skills
- You are proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Experience in rendering programs is a plus
- You have an interest in trend and consumer research and the ability to communicate research through strong mood boarding
- Your strong organizational skills and ability to manage complex projects allow you to stick to critical timelines and deadlines
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude, ambition to learn and broaden your horizon, and you are willing to take on challenges
- You have an explorative mind, excellent communication, and presentation skills
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
Meet The Team
You will be part of the highly creative Footwear Design Team based in Zurich. In close collaboration with Innovation and Product Creation, the team is responsible for the conception and development of all footwear products made by On. The team is structured into verticals, each specialized to cater to the unique needs of different communities. By leveraging their respective areas of expertise, the team is able to ensure that all footwear products meet the highest standards of quality and design.
Footwear Design is embedded in the global Design Studio, which is responsible for all of On's disruptive product designs. It includes apparel design, accessories design, design direction, footwear design, and innovation design. The designers all closely collaborate with developers, product managers, innovation, and go-to-market teams.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.