Designer - Footwear
rag & bone is looking for a Footwear Designer who is passionate about the category. The position requires a minimum of 3 years experience in the footwear industry. We are looking for someone who is creative, driven, and proactive. The designer should have knowledge in different categories of footwear, and is expected to collaborate closely with the product development and production teams. The ideal candidate to join our team should have a balance of creativity/conceptual thinking, organization skills and attention to detail.
- Working closely with the Senior Designer in the creative process to research and launch product. Seeing the footwear through development and into production
- Creating footwear CADs, illustrating seasonal material and color concepts
- Sketching silhouettes by hand and Illustrator
- Creating mock-ups and documenting prototypes for communication with internal teams, and to inform specs and comments
- The associate designer should be able to handle multiple projects with different deadlines and shifting priorities. The associate should show flexibility and ability to react and make changes while respecting the calendar timeline
- Participate in Team Meetings with cross-functional partners in Merchandising, Sourcing, and Product Development
- The associate designer should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
- We are looking for someone with stellar organizational skills with attention to detail
- 3 years minimum in footwear related field
- Technical Design and product understanding
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Digital and hand sketching skills.
- Strong organizational skills are a must. Must know how to prioritize daily and ongoing tasks and be able to see ‘bigger picture’ of the day to day.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Understanding of upper contemporary market
- Strong material and color sense
The salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000 plus benefits.