Overview of Company:
American Exchange Group is a multi-division New York-based designer, manufacturer and wholesaler of fashion accessory watches, jewelry, bags, footwear, and many more for major retailers. The company has multiple private label brands as well as licensed brands including Kendall & Kylie, ROCAWEAR, Jones New York, Marc Ecko, Ed Hardy, Aerosoles, and more. The company has a market-leading tech/wearables category with iTOUCH Wearables.
We are looking for a full-timeDesignerto work alongside our dynamicFootwear team. This role is fully on-site and based at our NYC headquarters in the garment district.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assisting Senior Designers to develop and execute product designs
- Support research and development of seasonal trends.
- Spec proposed product to be used for production.
- Prepare and finalize technical drawings of proposed product to be used for production.
- Adhere to design calendar and deadlines.
- Interpret design/style trends into brand appropriate product that fits within pricing strategy and production’s skill capacity.
- Maintain a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and efficiency while working on tight deadlines and upon multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills and comfort interacting with and presenting to clients.
- Photographing and organizing the catalog images from developmental samples to confirmation samples.
- Photographing and organizing images for Ecommerce accounts.
- Creating market/meeting recaps for sales.
- Updating packaging designs for each brand every season
- Assisting with additional design projects as needed
- Additional tasks as needed.
Education & Experience:
- 2-4 years footwear design experience in footwear design, preferably men and boys
- Highly skilled in Photo Shop and proficient in Illustrator
- Microsoft Office Suite