Footwear Designer I - Keds
Founded in 1916, Keds® redefined footwear with the introduction of the Champion sneaker. The iconic design was one of the first options to provide women with accessible, fashionable footwear and ignited a style revolution. Over the past 100 years, Keds® have been worn by iconic women such as Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O and Yoko Ono. In 2015, Keds® introduced theLadies First Since 1916platform in over 80 global markets and launched a powerful new era in its history. 2016 marks the brand’s centennial year, celebrating 100 years of fashionable footwear and a passion for female empowerment. At Keds, we’re dedicated to our consumers and proud of our heritage. We are focused on pushing the brand forward in innovative and unexpected ways. We are seeking passionate people to join our collaborative team during a truly momentous year for the brand.
TheDesigner Iwill design, conceptualize and provide ideation sketches / 2d CADS, for approval, in line with market trends and product development timelines.
- Design footwear ideation drawings and final 2d CADS for approval; Assist in the creation and development of seasonal product.
- Research market and fashion trends to formulate the direction of new designs.
- Assist with creating trend reports & color palette creation.
- Participates with design leadership, product development and marketing to collaborate on design projects.
- Continually assess and evaluate materials, components and constructions to be used.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of Lifestyle footwear design experience required. Passion for streetwear a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of product design and development process including experience in materials and fabrics.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and visually through sketches, illustrations and 2d CADS.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as be part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills – Proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photshop + Microsoft Office suite, Indesign + Powerpoint experience a plus.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Wolverine Worldwide has a flexible, hybrid work schedule, with three days in office and two days remote.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).