Footwear Designer II, Catalyst Collaborations
We’re looking for an outstanding Footwear Designer II to combine their high-end taste level, design experience, and creative problem solving abilities to help build the future of Co-Create. The ideal candidate needs to be a highly creative problem solver, with an eye for fashion & luxury, who doesn’t settle for anything less than the best design solutions, to meet the needs of the consumer.
What You Will Work OnIn Co-Create, you will collaborate with external partners such as, Comme Des Garcons, Drake, Billie Eilish, Undftd, etc, on designs that push the possibilities of sports and culture through footwear. We expect you to explore new opportunities, take risks, and change the game! In your day to day, you will engage with project teammates on researching, gaining insights, problem solving around performance and manufacturing, working with athletes, and crafting a vast range of creative solutions, that are also sustainable and considerate of cost. With each project, you are encouraged to also participate and present the work in informal and formal reviews. In addition to individual project work, the Footwear Designer II will also collaborate and engage in design direction with the Senior Design Director.
Who You Will Work WithAs a designer II, you will be working hand in hand with a large project team of different experts (engineers, researchers, scientists, marketing, sustainability, materials, costing, etc), collaborate within the design community (industrial designers, materials, color, graphics, computational, etc.). You will work under the direction of our Senior Design Director, and a mentorship from Senior Designers to champion seasonal projects.
What You BringDesign Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 5-7yrs experience designing and developing innovative footwear and other products
- Knowledge of form, color, materials, human factors, related to elevating the consumer experience
- Passion for Sport and Culture
- Previous footwear design experience preferred
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator skills
- Must be able to create accurate 2D technical drawings
- Strong sketching, illustration, and rendering skills
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
- Must be able to generate a broad range of concepts and solutions for each project
- Strong cobbling and prototyping skills
- Experienced with presentation programs: Keynote, Powerpoint, Acrobat, etc