Footwear Designer, Men's
Carlsbad, CA, USAPosted 13 days ago
Full timeRetail Apparel and Fashion
- Work with the Men’s Sr. Designer to create a meaningful connection between REEF’s target male consumer and the brand vision, design language, and product direction.
- Execute individual designs and collections as specified in product briefs.
- Confidently present design concepts and ideas in large group settings.
- Able to multitask, problem solve and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain productive, effective, and professional relationships with peers, superiors, vendors, and others.
- Travel with the team to overseas factories in China, sales meetings, select trade shows, and significant retail regions/districts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing shoes or sandals
- Knowledgeable in current cultural, fashion, footwear and related trends; ability to apply them appropriately.
- Experienced in the fundamentals of footwear design, construction and development.
- Ability to efficiently communicate in sketch form and respond to questions from management and other employees of the organization.
- Practical experience in the field of design.
- Highly motivated, a team player and motivated self-starter.
- Interested in beach fashions and lifestyle.
- Proficient in Mac OS, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop applications.