Footwear Materials Designer I, Men's Performance Studio
- Bachelor’s degree in design, textile design, or a combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- At least 3 years of relevant design experience exemplifying ability to push material design
- Ability to translate consumer knowledge/insights to narratives and product executions
- Ability to create concepts and explore new Materials innovations and technologies and ideas
- Experience building inspiration/concept presentations, and mood boards for seasonal concepts and direction
- Experience building 3D samples and creating mockup samples by hand
- Participates in the communication and presentation of design concepts to internal and external audiences
- Collaborate and build interpersonal connections with design and adjacent functions Ability to create and edit files using Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability in participating in multiple seasonal projects with competing resources and deadlines
- Understanding of the Footwear Product Creation process, a plus
- Passion for Design
We’re looking for an exceptional Footwear Materials Designer I to combine their experience, problem solving abilities, and creativity to help create the future of Nike Footwear Materials! The category you will be working in is the Nike Studio.
The ideal candidate needs to be a highly creative problem solver, who doesn’t settle for anything less than the best design and materials solutions, to meet the needs of the consumer at all stages of their run and beyond. This person will be focused on elevating the consumer experience by crafting materials that are performance and trend-relevant for a range of products, while driving an emotional connection to materials for the consumer through the use of narrative and storytelling.
What You Will Work OnYour day to day job will be working on a wide range of performance product from top athletic moments to our core franchises.
If this is you, you will be working on a range of technical and complex material designs using the latest techniques all the way to curating and elevating existing materials for refresh and collection models.
Your work encompasses concepting and ideating through to finalizing tech packs, as well as working with manufacturing partners, and at times communicating directly with athletes; the daily responsibilities of this role are wide ranging, challenging, and rewarding.
Who You Will Work WithYou will be partnering with the Nike FW Industrial Design, Color Design, Graphic Design, Digital Design and Marketing & Development teams in bringing to life the seasonal creative direction through Footwear Materials design and innovation.
You will report directly to the Creative Lead Footwear Materials Designer.