Footwear Materials Designer II, Men's Performance Global Football
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an outstanding Footwear Materials Designer II to combine their experience, problem solving abilities, and creativity to help build the future of Footwear Materials for the Nike Global Football team.
The ideal candidate needs to be a highly creative problem solver, who doesn’t settle for anything less than the best design and material solutions, to meet the needs of the consumer on and off the pitch. This person will be focused on elevating the consumer experience by crafting materials that are performance and trend-relevant, for a range of products, while driving an emotional connection to materials for the consumer through the use of narrative and storytelling. A passion for driving Nike’s purpose initiatives around sustainability and people is a must.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Your day to day job will be working on a wide range of Global Football product from top athletic moments to our core franchises.
If this is you, you will be working on a range of technical and complex material designs using the latest techniques all the way to curating and elevating existing materials for refresh and collection models!
Your work encompasses concepting and ideating through to finalizing tech packs, as well as working with manufacturing partners, and at times communicating directly with athletes; the daily responsibilities of this role are wide ranging, challenging, and rewarding.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be partnering with the Nike FW Industrial Design, Color Design, Graphic Design, Digital Design, marketing and Development teams, in bringing to life the seasonal creative direction through Footwear Materials design and innovation.
This role reports directly to the Mens Performance Materials Design Director.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in design, art or related field; fashion design, product design, industrial design, accessory and footwear design, or textile design; or a combination of relevant education, experience and training
- Ideally 4+ years of relevant design experience exemplifying ability to push material design, and/or proven experience in Textile Design or Footwear Design.
- Ability to translate consumer knowledge/insights to narratives and product executions.
- Ability to leverage manufacturing process to elevate new ideas, process, and materials
- Experience building 3D samples and crafting mockup samples by hand
- Highly organized and self-sufficient
- Experience working and communicating directly with manufacturing partners to ensure the accuracy of intent and Materials executions
- Ability to create and edit files using Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to participate in multiple seasonal projects with challenging resources and deadlines
- Understanding of the Footwear Product Creation process, a plus.
- Active and proficient participant in the creative process and cross-functional communication
- Ability to communicate and present design concepts to internal and external audiences
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with key partners
- Having a passion for the culture of Global Football is a plus
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.