Footwear Materials Lead
Join Our Dynamic Sportswear Brand and Shape the Future of Performance Footwear
The Adventure Awaits You
As our Materials Lead Footwear, you're turning dreams into reality. Here, you'll be pushing the boundaries of performance materials to new heights. Your mission? To set and accomplish short-to-medium-term goals while aligning with our long-term vision. You'll be at the forefront, executing our global materials strategy across various verticals like All Day, Tennis, Training, Outdoor and Running. In this pivotal role, you'll bridge the gap between our Innovation team and in-line teams, spearheading groundbreaking developments with our Sourcing partners. Collaborating closely with the Head of Materials and maintaining a synergy with the Design, Development, and Product Management teams, your impact will be felt across the board.
- Material Mastery: Forge and source phenomenal materials that inspire product creation. Your focus? Ensuring alignment with our timelines, sourcing policies, and a special emphasis on leading Performance Running materials - elevating our products to a new realm of technology and innovation.
- Team Leadership and Collaboration: Guide and nurture the Footwear Material Specialists and Managers. Your approach? Collaboration, trust, and mentorship to foster growth and excellence.
- Sustainability and Performance Goals: Align your material-specific targets with our sustainability roadmap. Identify and seize opportunities to enhance material performance, sustainability, and efficiency in all product categories.
- Data Analytics and Process Optimization: Leverage data analytics to enhance material selection and supply chain processes. Continuously evaluate and optimize our workflows to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve material quality and sustainability.
- Innovation and Research: Stay ahead by researching business trends, attending trade shows, and scouting new technologies. Your goal? Seamlessly integrating these breakthroughs into our products.
- Material Library Management: Develop and enhance our material library and tools, ensuring strategic partnerships with key suppliers. Focus on both inline and special project toolboxes with agility in handling short lead times.
- Quality Assurance and Improvement: Ensure all materials pass our stringent QA tests. Use your deep understanding of yarns, material structures, and polymers to advise on and implement material improvements.
- Relationship Building: Cultivate strong, communicative relationships with material suppliers and external vendors. Work hand-in-hand with various teams, including Design, Product Development, Innovation, and Sustainability.
- Educational Foundations: A Bachelor's Degree (minimum) in Footwear Textile Sciences, Textile Engineering/Technology, or a related field from a globally recognized university.
- Professional Experience: At least 7 years of global experience in Performance Footwear material development, including essential Asia supplier/factory involvement. A proven track record of at least 3 years in leading and mentoring teams.
- Global Perspective: Extensive global travel experience to T1s, material suppliers and external partners for sourcing and development.
- Project Management Excellence: A robust background in managing projects from creative inception to production, showcasing your ability to turn visions into reality.
- Design and Technology Affinity: A deep appreciation and understanding of footwear design and technology, especially within the technical performance category. Your keen eye for aesthetics and trend awareness, both within and outside the industry, will be key.
- Innovation Leadership: A proven ability to lead innovation through performance materials, coupled with strategic thinking and execution capabilities.
- Detail Orientation and Presentation Skills: Exceptional attention to detail and the talent to build, organize, and present effective strategies and presentations.
- Industry Expertise: A comprehensive understanding of the industry's capabilities, best practices and processes, with the ability to work and collaborate across cultures.
- Communication and Collaboration: Your superior communication skills (in both verbal and written English) will enhance your collaborative efforts with diverse stakeholders.
- Creativity and Discipline Balance: The unique ability to blend creativity with organization and discipline, thriving in our fast-paced environment.
Adaptability and Entrepreneurial Spirit: The talent to manage change effectively and bring an entrepreneurial mindset when facing unexpected challenges
Meet The Team
Why Join Us? Be part of a team that's redefining what Sportswear is, in an industry ripe for innovation. If you're ready to be a part of this exciting journey, where every day is a new opportunity to excel and make a tangible impact, we can't wait to meet you.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.