Footwear Product Test Analyst ll, Jordan Brand, Los Angeles
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
At NIKE and Jordan Brand, it’s all about the athlete! Footwear Product testing works with NIKE’s creation teams to test new innovative footwear to ensure it fits and performs up to the highest standards. As our Footwear Test Analyst 2, you will lead footwear performance testing and insights gathering in our Los Angeles hub. In collaboration with other Los Angeles-based analysts, you will serve and collaborate with partners on the Jordan Sport (Basketball) team. Your successful results will help categories craft and deliver innovative, validated & tested product for the global marketplace.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
The position of FW Analyst 2 will use a specialized skillset to implement all aspects of footwear testing, including planning, recruiting testers, conducting tests, analyzing data, gathering athlete insights, writing reports, delivering presentations and program management!
- The FW Analyst2will use product creation competence combined with dynamic understanding of the athlete to offer feedback to the product team that influences decision making regarding material, component and construction options to meet the product’s performance goals.
- Strategically recruit and establish relationships with athletes, teams and schools–This includes building connections with other key influencers such as coaches, managers, bio mechanists, physios, retail partners, etc.
- Lead feedback sessions to compile and analyze key performance and athlete insights.
- Deliver insights to advise and inspire some of Jordan’s most innovative Sport technologies and products through the voice of the athlete.
- The FW Analyst 2 will use testing competence and experience to mentor and develop FPT Teammates on all Footwear Product Testing best practices.
The FW Analyst 2 will engage with performance basketball testers, both internal and external to bring the voice of the athlete back to their project teams.
- The FW Analyst 2 will build and maintain working relationships with Jordan Brand colleges in Southern California while also testing virtually with colleges across the U.S. They will also partner with local gyms in Los Angeles to conduct dynamic testing and insights projects.
- Reporting to the Jordan Brand Footwear Product Testing director, this position will collaborate with analysts across the entire FPT org, while directly working with Los Angeles-based basketball analysts and managers from Nike and NXT.
- The FW Analyst 2 will collaborate with full project teams, including Technical Developers, Engineers, Designers, Color Designers, Materials Designers and Engineers, and Product Line Managers. They will represent the voice of the athlete in these project groups.
- Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Minimum 5 years experience in planning, conduction testing, analyzing data, gathering athlete insights, writing reports, delivering presentations and program management.
- Strong capacity to analyze trends and make recommendations. Experience gathering and communicating consumer insights preferred.
- Ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects.
- History of working and engaging with Athletes.
- Proven leadership experience is essential.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.