Footwear Product Testing Analyst I, Lifestyle
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Footwear Product Testing Analyst I to join the Global Footwear Product Testing team working on Lifestyle Footwear.
This role ensures that Nike footwear fits and performs up to the highest standards. The candidate will need strong interpersonal skills focused on developing both internal functional relationships as well as external tester relationships. This candidate will need to be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and be a self-starter while working with multiple cross-functional partners within the product creation process. The ideal candidate will have outstanding planning skills and will be able to analyze data and present subjective feedback in a concise and understandable manner!WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
In this role, you’ll be leading all aspects of the testing process; including planning, recruiting testers, conducting tests, analyzing data, report writing and program management. You’ll use your understanding of footwear’s manufacturing processes combined with your understanding of the athlete* to offer suggestions to the product team regarding material, component and construction options to meet the product’s performance goals. You’ll specify the performance issues that need attention prior to production.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will work directly with the extended Nike Lifestyle Footwear team including; Development, Design, Engineering, Product Marketing and Material Development (Sustainability) in pursuit of product excellence. You will collaborate with your Footwear Product Testing teammates on prioritized projects to test new innovative footwear.WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree preferred or minimum of 2 additional years' of relevant education, experience, or training
- 2 years' experience in a professional working environment. Experience in/understanding of the Footwear Product Creation process (Design, Development, Marketing, Engineering, Product Testing) is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of footwear components, materials, and inline production processes is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and recognition of data trends
- Prior product (footwear, apparel and equipment) experience is beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Solid attention to detail and process orientation
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Related customer service mindset is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and familiarity with spreadsheet database and statistical analysis procedures.
- Nike experience is preferred
- Able to physically lift and carry items weighing 20 pounds.
- Ability to travel up to 10% per year, domestically and internationally.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.