Footwear Product Testing Analyst I, TX
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Footwear Product Testing (FPT) Analyst I to join our team in Nike's Dallas Product Testing Hub! This role ensures that our Nike footwear fits and performs up to the highest standards in the industry. The candidate will need strong interpersonal skills focused on developing tester relationships. The candidate also needs to have exceptional planning and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects. They will also need to be able to analyze data and present subjective feedback in a concise and understandable manner. An ambitious spirit is also a bonus because being in an FPT Hub is akin to starting and running your own business!WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
In this role you’ll be leading all aspects of the testing process, including but not limited to; test planning, recruiting testers, conducting tests, analyzing data, report writing, and program/relationship management. You’ll use your understanding of footwear’s manufacturing processes combined with your understanding of the athlete to offer suggestions to the product team regarding materials, components, and construction options to meet the product’s performance goals. You’ll specify the performance issues that need attention prior to production by representing the Voice of the Athlete* and our consumers.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You’ll be the testing point person for footwear projects in Nike’s Field/Olympic Product Creation team. This includes testing innovative footwear across a multitude of sports, including but not limited to: Football, Baseball, Softball, and Golf. You will work with athletes to gain a better understanding of their footwear needs and gather their feedback on the models they are testing.WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree preferred or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 2 years' experience in a professional working environment. Experience in the footwear, product testing, development, marketing, engineering, retail, relationship management, sports, sales, and/or customer service industry is preferred
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, highly motivated mindset
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships organically
- Ability to work odd hours when applicable for interacting with athletes/external partners and internal teammates at World Headquarters
- Must have a functioning and insured car that can carry up to 30 pairs of shoes. You’ll be traveling throughout Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas to meet with athletes/testers. Regional travel may take up to 50% of work time.
- Strong verbal, written, and proactive communication skills
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple projects across various timelines
- Passion for sport and working with athletes and teams; knowledge of football, baseball, and/or softball is a plus but not required
- Experience working with athletes, coaches, and equipment managers
- Understanding of footwear components, materials, and product creation processes is a definite plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and familiarity with spreadsheet database and statistical analysis procedures
- Ability to physically lift and carry items weighing 20 pounds
- Ability to travel up to 10% per year outside of the Dallas Hub region, domestically and internationally
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.