Free People Assistant Merchandiser - Stores
The Assistant Visual Merchandising role is responsible for assisting the Associate Merchandiser in creating and driving visual merchandising strategies & store direction for FP Movement + Free People Beauty & Wellness Departments within the Free People Brand. This role works cross-functionally with brand business partners to develop monthly visual merchandising strategies & product storytelling that provides a fashion & trend POV, while protecting key product investments that support brand messaging.
- Develop partnerships with home office Buying, Planning & Allocation, and Field Leadership teams.
- Use knowledge of future trends, a strong fashion POV, and deep understanding of the FP Movement customer to assist in monthly assortment line plans with Buying that fulfills sales and IMU targets
- Assist in monthly assortment merchandising presentations for buying, planning, and creative field officers.
- Work with store and graphic design teams on seasonal imagery and value signage orders.
- Collaborate with the copy team on informational signage to educate and highlight product or brand collaborations.
- Request Big Ideas samples of all items on order and ensure they are timely, organized, prioritized and present upon request/ problems with availability are addressed pro-actively or immediately
- Assist in monthly Big Ideas meetings and communicate focuses to the store creative field team and regional brand leaders.
- Review monthly directive uploads and identify execution opportunities and develop resources to improve and support.
- Partner with the Beauty & Wellness team on store activations, and seasonal assortment updates.
- Understand individual store sales weekly, inventory levels, and asses key product merchandising opportunities
- Highly organized and efficient
- Self-starter and solution seeker
- Articulate and confident presenting their ideas
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in retail visual merchandising is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Merchandising, or similar discipline.
Hybrid in person (Philadelphia PA Home Office)
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.