Free People Creative Technical Designer Intimates
Free People Intimates is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented Associate Technical Designer to join their Team. This position would collaborate with the Designer’s and Buyer’s on overall market development throughout the product’s life cycle.
As a member of this Team, you will be leading fit sessions, communicating revisions to vendors and working with Designers on tech packs for foundations, lounge, bodysuits, camis, and slips categories.
This role requires a high level of interpersonal communication, problem solving, and technical expertise and knowledge around cut & sew as well as knits and woven fabrications. Previous experience with tubular knit/ seamless is a plus.
This person should thrive in a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment.
- Collaborate with the Design Team by offering technical expertise and knowledge on best ways to execute Design’s vision.
- Build detailed tech packs, create internal spec for proto samples & approve PP samples for production and provide feedback/ communication with factory.
- Develop & maintain fit protocol to ensure execution of design & fit is in line w/ Brand standards.
- Coordinate & Lead fittings on models and provide fit and overall construction comments and communication to vendors/ factories and team.
- Protect brand integrity through fit continuity: development & utilization of blocks (if needed).
- Track & follow up with fit samples.
- Maintain daily communication & interaction w/ Designers & factories to ensure product stays on schedule.
- QA: Quality control and review/process TOP/SMS issues
- Minimum of 2+ years of previous technical Design industry experience.
- Exceptional eye to identify fit issues & recommend solutions while being mindful of bulk production cost & factory limitations and always keeping in mind original design’s vision.
- Must possess knowledge of pattern making & garment construction. Strong comprehension of measurements, dimensions, clothing construction and fit.
- Understanding of raw materials and technicalities related to each
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or related design field
- Must have good time management, organizational skills, excellent verbal & written communication skills and sense of urgency.
- Proficient in Excel (Microsoft suite) & Adobe Programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop. Open to learning Procreate on Ipad
“Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression),religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.”