Free People Design Assistant- Print
Design Assistant - Print, CollectionReports to
The Free People Print Design Assistant's primary responsibility is to contribute to creating the overall Print trend and direction for each season ensuring that designs and product are exciting and iconic for the Free People customer.Responsibilities
- Support seasonal development calendar in partnership with designer/buyers/technical designers/production
- Execute specific design development projects as assigned by the designer
- Create print repeats and yarn dye layouts and provide colorways
- Create cads in order to communicate placement of prints on garments
- Prepare development packages and participate in all communication and follow up related to each package in partnership with the Design Coordinator. Responsible for updating category styles in web PDM.
- Manage development and execution of trim and artwork packages..
- Maintain an active role in the weekly Design Flow Meeting. Take notes and follow up on all outstanding issues.
- Strong understanding of the Free People aesthetic and customer
- Understanding of printing techniques and ability to problem solve around print limitations
- Collaborative mentality with strong communication skills
- Experience in Photoshop
- Illustrator, NedGraphics, and Tradestone experience welcomed
- Extensive knowledge of fabric treatments as well as wash and dye techniquess
- Ability to research and report on industry trend direction, color direction, and fabric innovations approximately 9-12 months ahead of season
- Ability to recognize and accurately forecast fashion and cultural trends as they relate to the Free People target customer
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or a closely related fieldLocation
Some travel required.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.