Free People Movement Design Assistant - Casual to/From
- Support seasonal development calendar in partnership with designer/buyers/technical designers/production
- Execute specific design development projects as assigned by the designer
- Prepare development packages and participate in all communication and follow up related to each package in partnership with the Design Coordinator. Responsible for updating category styles in web PDM.
- Manage development and execution of trim and artwork packages.
- Set up spec sheets for all bodies. Communicate fit and construction details to Technical Design department. Complete all technical sketches for domestic and overseas programs.
- Maintain an active role in the weekly Design Flow Meeting. Take notes and follow up on all outstanding issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Apparel Fashion Design or related area of study preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with partners in Merchandising, Production, and Design
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative, and cost-effective design solutions
- Knowledge of apparel construction, fabric & trims
- Understanding/desire to learn about fabric treatments as well as wash and dye techniques
- Extensive knowledge of woven manufacturing techniques and processes
- Ability to research and report on industry trend direction, color direction, and fabric innovations approximately 9-12 months ahead of season
- Ability to recognize and accurately forecast fashion and cultural trends as they relate to the Free People target customer
- Strong sketching skills
- Ability to communicate design ideas via sketching and computer programs.
- Ability to clearly communicate to overseas vendors
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.