Freelance Assistant Designer
About The Role
R13 is seeking a Contract Assistant Designer to work with our Designer on the product lifecycle from initial design development to prototypes to final approval for production, while ensuring brand integrity and consistency throughout the development process, while keeping our customers top of mind. This person will assist the Designer with designing and executing the R13 apparel assortment that relates to project and drop concepts and overall aesthetic of the brand. The ideal candidate has domestic, and import Denim/Structured Wovens experience, knowledge of fabric development, woven and knit construction, garment wash, dye, and manufacturing techniques.
This position is a Contract role and will be based in New York City, New York.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Denim/Structured Wovens designer.
·Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design or Product Development preferred.
·VERY Adept at Adobe Illustrator and Photoshopand InDesign.
· Knowledge or Strong interest in Denim design & wash is a plus.
· Able to proactively execute designated tasks independently, with a high level of comfort asking for help when needed.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; detail-oriented, strong multitasking and organization skills.
· Creative, Organized, and Detailed oriented.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
R13 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment.
If this opportunity is of interest, to you please apply with your resumeANDportfolio.
Qualified candidates will be contacted directly from Human Resources.