Freelance Assistant Designer - Aerie Intimates
Freelance Assistant Designer – Aerie Intimates
Assignment ClarificationThis position/assignment is a temporary (HR to confirm specific range of dates.) You will be considered an employee of System One, our 3rd party partner of our contractor population, and/or of your specific freelance agency.
Position SummaryWork within a specific classification and implement the category leader’s direction in all aspects of the design process, from initial concept stage to presentation, to development and execution of the final product.
- Provide administrative support from concept to design to final development for Aerie Intimates
- Master knowledge of all styles, raw materials, and fabrics related to the category
- Assist with the management of cross-functional communication between merchants, production, technical design and external vendors
- Help to organize and keep track of samples
- Assist in sketching designs in Illustrator (flats)
- Prepare PLM packages and update them as needed
- Assist with the preparation of presentation boards for seasonal/ milestone meetings
- Conduct design research as directed by department head
- Attend fit sessions as needed
- Review lab dips, samples and submits with category leader and enter/send comments to vendors
- Prepare line sheets and update as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
- Able to work in a hybrid environment, meaning that some work may be performed remotely but certain essential functions must be performed in-person/in-office based on the needs of the business.
- In person/in-office collaboration is required, the frequency of such in-person/in-office collaboration (e.g., portion of week, entire week) is dictated by business needs. Such collaboration includes work centralized around product development, milestone meetings, approvals, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Art (or equivalent experience and education)
- Previous experience working for AE or Aerie is a plus; Intimates experience is preferred
- PLM experience required
- Ability to act as liaison between many departments: excellent communication and analytic skills.
- Must be detail oriented, computer literate and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Must be knowledgeable of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Excel, and PLM (or equivalent program)
- Comfortable working in an hybrid environment - working in office several days a week (based on the needs of the business or big milestone week) with occasional remote work from home
- Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to relevant experience and location.
- Subject to eligibility requirements, associates may receive health care benefits (including medical, vision, and dental); wellness benefits; 401(k) retirement benefits; life and disability insurance; employee stock purchase program; paid time off; paid sick leave; and parental leave and benefits.
- Paid Time Off, paid sick leave, and holiday pay vary by job level and type, job location, employment classification (part-time or full-time / exempt or non-exempt), and years of service. For additional information, please click here .
- AEO may also provide discretionary bonuses and other incentives at its discretion.
American Eagle - We're an American jeans and apparel brand that's true in everything we do. Rooted in authenticity, powered by positivity, and inspired by our community – we welcome all and believe that putting on a really great pair of #AEjeans gives you the freedom to be true to you. Because when you're at your best, you put good vibes out there, and get good things back in return. AE. True to you.
American Eagle Outfitters® (NYSE: AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle® and Aerie® brands.
The company operates stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Hong Kong, and ships to 81 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle and Aerie merchandise also is available at more than 200 international locations operated by licensees in 24 countries.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity ("EEO") laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual's race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or partnership status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.JOB INFO Job Identification 235
Job Category : Product Design
Posting Date : 2023-11-13T19:09:25+00:00
Job Schedule : Full time
Locations : New York, NY, United States