Freelance Associate Designer, Women's and Men Knits
Client Overview:Our client is a leading global apparel company specializing in intimate apparel and fashion and basic apparel for leading retailers and brands around the world.
Position Overview:The Associate Designer will support our Designer Director by seeing the design process from start to finish of all men's and women's sleep and cut & sew, working on line sheets, answering all requests, coordinating samples and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful design process.
Associate Designer Overview:
- Produce layouts and put technical packages into work
- Track all samples – PD/ Tech
- Create tech packs and BOMs
- Send out for lab dips and help with color matching and treatment testing
- Sourcing and requesting yarns and components and samples from vendors
- Complete all line sheets
- Organize and prepare cost sheets and fabric books
- Follow up on yarn and fabric sample requests
- Research trends (online and in stores).
- Create presentation boards to be sure all have enough new ideas, designs, yarns, techniques and stitches.
- Create art layouts in illustrator and Photoshop
- Conduct all fittings related to the product designs
- Manage to calendar and deadlines
Associate Designer Qualifications:
- Experience with working with overseas vendors
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction stitch and gauge
- Proficient in cut and sew knits, sleep, intimates, active and/or athleisure
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- MUST be able to work on site 5 days a week in Manhattan office