Freelance Fashion Designer for Casual Dresses and Blouses
Mission:We are seeking a freelance fashion designer to develop a collection of easy, breezy fashion silhouettes to add to our catalog of lifestyle products. Must have experience with preppy, dressy, southern style dress and blouse design. Our brand has experienced extreme growth over the last few years, and we are looking to add new offerings to our clientele in the apparel category.
- Create illustrations, flat sketches and mini bodies to convey concepts
- Create technical flats for any adopted styles
- Create trend boards, and present opportunities style-wise
- Suggest print layouts or embroidery ideas to make our product unique and stand out in the market
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of garment design and construction for dresses and blouse categories
- Strong visual presentation skills
- Strong taste level
- Understanding of plus size fashion and silhouettes that are ideal for selling online (with easy fits, and comfort in mind)
**Please note: You must submit a link to a portfolio of relevant work to be considered.
- 7+ years fashion sketching / flats / fashion design experience
- Experience in a preppy/southern lifestyle fashion company preferred
- Degree and relevant experience in fashion design
Hourly rate dependent on experience. This position can be fully remote, but we would love it if you could come to the office to review designs (although this is not required).
This is a temporary, freelance position, with the possibility of working seasonally with us on an ongoing basis.