Freelance Merchandising Manager
Global fashion retailer looking to hire a freelance Merchandising Manager for their global intimates division to lead the development of their commercially viable assortment which services the needs of all international markets, for assigned division of the business, in collaboration with U.S. merchandising, design & production teams.
- Responsible for the execution of sell-in tools for international partners in preparation for go-to-market
- Acts as product engine between Geo Buyers and U.S. CFT partners (production, design, U.S. merchandising) conveying product needs, business strategies, and performance
- Participates in all U.S. product milestones to understand how the total assortment is developing and feeds back any gaps affecting international business requirements
- Collaborates w/ Geo Buying on geo-specific product needs; Ensures product development execution meets international assortment needs
- Oversees the pre-season global product roadmap for U.S. merchandising & design for all required international product development for assigned division
- Leads the presentation of international product strategies for assigned departments/divisions at every milestone meeting (roadmap, product alignment, coordination) to leadership teams
- Leads the product development process and time & action calendar for the division of business
- Oversees the compilation of assortment communication (sell-in) tools in NuOrder to –
- Ensure all partners understand products available to buy
- Ensures related product details are complete, i.e. imagery, costing, retail price
- Ensures a compelling presentation of product assortments to sell in to external partners across a multi-channel business model
- Collaborates w/ Geo Buying and International CFT to understand product performance, identifies opportunities to respond to changes through impact on future product development
- Build and foster close relationships with the leadership team, International CFT, and U.S. CFT partners
- Understands brand trends, international competition, and the AE customer
- Works closely with the Design team to interpret and forecast trends for assigned departments/divisions to create international exclusives where applicable.
- Consistently and effectively communicates business-related issues to the manager in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or equivalent required
- 5+ years prior buying, merchandising or product development experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a manager
- Strong business acumen and strategic agility
- Proven ability to support growth in a very fast paced, growing environment
- Problem solver – talented in looking beyond the page and solve to multiple business model complexities
- Product development experience and an eye for relevant trends
- Intermediate Excel skills including pivots, V look ups
- Experience working in matrixed organizational structures a plus
- Cross culture sensitivity – international experience a plus, and is able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Action orientated with excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Flexibility to work outside of standard U.S. business hours
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present and influence leadership, even at the C-level